Thursday, November 27, 2014

Battling Health Issues


A typical physical exam lead me to find out that I had tumor in my thyroid.

Tears, fear, and anxiety began to flood through  my body.

What if its cancerous? The doctor said that there was a possibility that it could be. The autopsy would reveal the truth.

I'm too young to be having this, how did this happen, why......

So, that practically summarizes what I felt when I first heard the news.

I am thankful to report that my tumor is benign and will be surgically removed this coming month. My lifestyle might change after surgery as my thyroid levels might not be balanced anymore.

But, please, don't feel bad for me. I am thankful that this is yet another way that God can allow his love and mercy to show up in my life.
It already has!

Frist, I'm thankful that its not cancerous, although my heart is in pain for those that don't get the same news as I do.

Second, I am thankful that I have great insurance through my job. I will be operated at one of the top hospitals with the top surgeons! What a huge blessing! I definitely don't take this for granted, as I know how it feels to have no insurance. For many months, I relied on government support.

Third, I am thankful for God's peace through all of this. I am grateful that my faith in Him has given me the energy and strength to continue to be live.

This health scare has made me analyze the way that I look at life. I value my health so much, but when its in jeopardy then what?

I am working on accepting that Gods grace is enough for my life. Its definitely easier said than done, but I am starting to understand it. I am also understanding  that what society values and exalts is not what God does.

Through my announcement, I've heard many people say, "BE STRONG, YOUR SO STRONG, YOU CAN HANDLE IT".

But, in reality Im not afraid to say, "I CANT HANDLE IT,  I AM WEAK, AND I AM NOT STRONG".

WHY? Because  I am reminded that I don't have to be all of those things, because my God is already all of those things. He is Strong! He is Almighty. And so am I in him, but never alone.

These past weeks, I've been meditating on this scripture:

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians 12:9 (NIV). 


What else can I say, God's grace is enough. Thank-you Lord for teaching me this throughout this process. For being so loving and kind, and for opening doors that I never thought could be opened.

I am in love with you.

The question that I have for you is: Is God's grace enough for you? Or are your desires and wishes more important?

Please let me know what you think and  keep me in your prayers!

Love you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment